Laser particle size distribution analysis (LPSA) is a highly efficient, extremely rapid,
very precise optical sieve technique method for particle size analysis.
CMI laboratories uses the Microtrac
S-3500 system and software for its data acquisition with applications such as:
• Graphical representation of the particle distribution based on a variety of physical characteristics, including
volume and surface area.
• Data reported in both Micron and US Mesh scales
• For “sand
control”, the screen and gravel sizes can be selected based on laser data obtained
from the analysis of sidewall core, conventional core, or drill cuttings samples.
Monitoring of active drilling
mud particle size distribution.
• Monitoring the efficiency of a water treatment vessel by comparing the particle
size data of an inlet sample versus an outlet sample.
• Selecting proper filter sizes for water disposal wells or water
• Quality control of oil field products or other industrial products.